Some of the interesting sites that are across the Tees Valley area can be seen here. For a full list with images, please see our publications page.
To help people stay connected to heritage and to like-minded people in these difficult circumstances, TAS has temporarily suspended paid subscriptions. Instead, we are offering free virtual memberships.
Benefits: regular email from TAS containing the link to our online lectures, and other news & opportunities. Our online lecture hosting has a cap on the number who can participate, so we can’t make these lectures open to the public. So subscribing (for free) is for the time being the only way you will be able to view TAS lectures
Virtual subscriber -members will be invited to convert their membership to a paid subscription when we revert to paid subscriptions, but will be under no compulsion to do this. Virtual subscriber-members can simply unsubscribe at that point.
To join as a virtual subscriber-member, email us at
teesarchsoc.news [at] gmail.com Please replace [at] with [@] – we have to write it this way on here to avoid being spammed by bots!
- TAS LECTURE | ONLINE LECTURE | Deceptively Spacious: Durham Castle and the Walls Survey | Richard Annis
- IMPORTANT MESSAGE FROM THE COMMITTEE
- IMPORTANT INFORMATION | PLEASE READ
- TAS Website Maintenance – March 2020
- TAS AGM & LECTURE | REMINDER FOR 28 JANUARY | The Auckland Project: Bishop Auckland and Excavations at Auckland Castle | John Castling
- TAS LECTURE |Reminder 26th November |Annual Update | Steve Sherlock
- TAS LECTURE |Reminder 29th October |Rock Art of the uKhahlamba-Drakensberg in South Africa | Aron Mazel
- TAS LECTURE | Reminder 24th September | Rememorial WWI | Dr Ben Roberts
- TAS LECTURE | Reminder 25th June |The Yarm Helmet | Dr Chris Caple