Some of the interesting sites that are across the Tees Valley area can be seen here. For a full list with images, please see our publications page.
April’s talk will be on Piercebridge and the Romans in the North-East with David Mason. This will focus on recent discoveries and research on Roman County Durham and Darlington, concerning both the military and civilians.
David has been County Archaeologist for County Durham since late 2004, with his title being renamed in 2012 as Principal Archaeologist, specialising in the Romans, particularly military, architecture and engineering. Before moving to the North-East, David worked in Chester and Cheshire and has published books on Roman Chester, Early Medieval Chester and Roman Britain and the Roman Navy.
We hope to see you all next Tuesday.
7:30PM, Stockton Central Library.
- TAS LECTURE | Reminder for Tue 26th March | Lindisfarne to Lancaster: Community-Based Excavations in the North of England (and a Bit of Scotland | Chris Casswell
- TAS LECTURE | Reminder for Tue 27th February | The Portable Antiquities Scheme in Co. Durham, Darlington and Teesside: Recent Finds of Note | Ben Westwood
- TAS LECTURE | Reminder for Tue 30th January | AGM and ‘Jowel, Jowel and Listen Lad’ … Vernacular Song and Industrial Archaeology in Northern England’ | Dr Rob Young
- TAS LECTURE | Reminder for Tue 28th November | James Cook: Raising Anchors and Digging for Cottages | Phil Philo
- TAS LECTURE | Reminder for Tue 31st October | River Tees Rediscovered | Robin Daniels
- TAS LECTURE | Reminder for Tue 26th Sept | This Year’s Archaeology: An Interim Statement | Steve Sherlock
- TAS LECTURE | Reminder for Tue 25th July| Durham’s Museum of Archaeology and its Collections | Gemma Lewis
- TAS LECTURE | Reminder for Tue 27th June | Pons Aelius to Pandon | Jennifer Morrison
- TAS LECTURE | Reminder for Tue 30th May | NOTIFICATION OF LOCATION CHANGE | Lindisfarne and the Holy Island Archaeology Project |David Petts