Some of the interesting sites that are across the Tees Valley area can be seen here. For a full list with images, please see our publications page.
The talk this month will be on Rock Art of the uKhahlamba-Drakensberg in South Africa by Aron Mazel (Newcastle University, Reader in Heritage Studies).
Aron Mazel joined Newcastle University in 2002 (where he is a Reader in Heritage Studies) following a 25-year career in archaeological research and heritage and museum management in South Africa. His research interests include the management and interpretation of tangible and intangible heritage; museum history; construction of the hunter-gatherer past; dating of rock art; and Northumberland rock art.
Also, there are a number of Future Learn courses, with links below, that may be of interest to TAS members. These are:
Introduction to archaeology
Antiquities Trafficking and Art Crime
Forensic Archaeology and Anthropology
We hope to see you all there! 7:30PM start, Stockton Central Library.
- TAS LECTURE | Reminder 24th September | Rememorial WWI | Dr Ben Roberts
- TAS LECTURE | Reminder 25th June |The Yarm Helmet | Dr Chris Caple
- TAS LECTURE | Reminder for 4th June | NO LECTURE IN MAY |The Neglect of Prehistoric Monuments of Nothern England from a National Perspective | Emma Watson
- TAS LECTURE | Reminder for Tue 30th April|*CHANGE OF VENUE* | Uncovering Rievaulx Abbey’s Landscapes | Freya Horsfield.
- TAS LECTURE | Reminder for Tue 26th March |The Buildings of the Historic Core of Skelton | Robin Daniels
- TAS LECTURE | Reminder for Tue 26th February | Recent Research on the Bombardmentof the Hartlepools, World War I by Mark Simmons
- TAS LECTURE | Reminder for Tue 29th January | AGM and ‘The Last Three Years at Vindolanda’ by Marta Alberti
- TAS LECTURE | Reminder for Tue 27th November | Teesside Archaeological Society’s Two Heritage Lottery Projects | Dave Errickson
- Volunteer Opportunities