Some of the interesting sites that are across the Tees Valley area can be seen here. For a full list with images, please see our publications page.
This month’s lecture will be on ‘Teesside Archaeological Society’s Two Heritage Lottery Projects’ by Dave Errickson.
“This talk will discuss the findings from the two recently completed Heritage Lottery Projects. The First World War Project was a building recording exercise which looked to document all remaining buildings in the Tees-Valley area that were utilised in the First World War. On the other hand, the Ice & Fire project was a community project which aimed to explore, record and celebrate the evidence for over ten thousand years of human life, death, ingenuity and persistence. This primarily focussed upon an excavation of several areas on the Eston Hills amongst a desk based assessment and outreach.”
We hope to see you all there!
7:30PM, Stockton Central Library.
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Hidden Valleys Community Project | Summer Events
- Volunteer Opportunity | Finds Processing
- TAS LECTURE | Reminder for Tue 26th June | Boskin, Skelbuse and Foddergang: Traditional Farm Buildings in the Yorkshire Dales | Jim Brightman
- TAS LECTURE | Reminder for Tue 29th May | The Portable Antiquities Scheme in Co. Durham, Darlington and Teesside: Recent Finds of Note | Ben Westwood
- TAS LECTURE | Reminder for Tue 24th April | Piercebridge and the Romans in the North-East | David Mason
- TAS LECTURE | Reminder for Tue 26th March | Lindisfarne to Lancaster: Community-Based Excavations in the North of England (and a Bit of Scotland | Chris Casswell
- TAS LECTURE | Reminder for Tue 27th February | The Portable Antiquities Scheme in Co. Durham, Darlington and Teesside: Recent Finds of Note | Ben Westwood
- TAS LECTURE | Reminder for Tue 30th January | AGM and ‘Jowel, Jowel and Listen Lad’ … Vernacular Song and Industrial Archaeology in Northern England’ | Dr Rob Young