Some of the interesting sites that are across the Tees Valley area can be seen here. For a full list with images, please see our publications page.
Happy New Year!
We hope you had a fantastic Christmas break filled with rest.
This month’s lecture will be presented by Marta Alberti (Site Archaeologist, Vindolanda) on The Last Three Years at Vindolanda (2016 to present).
Marta Alberti joined the Vindolanda Trust as site archaeologist and assistant to the Director of Excavations in the winter of 2014/2015. She is from Milan, Italy, where she graduated with a BA in Classics and Archaeology, later gaining an MA with Distinction from Newcastle University. She is a passionate field archaeologist with a keen interest in gender studies and in all transition phases: changes in society and landscape over time, why they happen and how.
Remember! Memberships are due for renewal as of now. Fees are £4 for guest attendance at the lecture and £14 for an individual or £23 joint membership for the year.
We hope to see you all there! 7:30PM start at Stockton Central Library.
Also, DigVentures are running a volunteer project called Etched In Stone. This will be looking at namestones from Lindisfarne and Hartlepool and displaying them in a virtual museum on their website. This project will include free training in photogrammetry, for scanning the sculptures and in helping to create the 3D models which will be displayed on the website. These sessions will be held in Hartlepool between March 2nd and 10th. For more information see the website https://digventures.com/projects/etched-in-stone/ or contact us for more information.
Dales Archaeology Day will be held on Saturday 30th March 2019 at the Richard Whitely Theatre in Giggleswick School (10am-4pm). There will be bookstalls, poster displays and refreshments but this will not include lunch). Tickets are £15 or £12.50 for full-time students or full YAS members. Online bookings are available via the website: https://retail.yorkshiredales.org.uk/products/archaeology-day-school and more information on speakers etc will also be available on the website.
- TAS LECTURE | Reminder for Tue 27th November | Teesside Archaeological Society’s Two Heritage Lottery Projects | Dave Errickson
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Hidden Valleys Community Project | Summer Events
- Volunteer Opportunity | Finds Processing
- TAS LECTURE | Reminder for Tue 26th June | Boskin, Skelbuse and Foddergang: Traditional Farm Buildings in the Yorkshire Dales | Jim Brightman
- TAS LECTURE | Reminder for Tue 29th May | The Portable Antiquities Scheme in Co. Durham, Darlington and Teesside: Recent Finds of Note | Ben Westwood
- TAS LECTURE | Reminder for Tue 24th April | Piercebridge and the Romans in the North-East | David Mason
- TAS LECTURE | Reminder for Tue 26th March | Lindisfarne to Lancaster: Community-Based Excavations in the North of England (and a Bit of Scotland | Chris Casswell
- TAS LECTURE | Reminder for Tue 27th February | The Portable Antiquities Scheme in Co. Durham, Darlington and Teesside: Recent Finds of Note | Ben Westwood