Welcome to Teesside Archaeological Society’s website
We’re an enthusiastic, friendly group who share a passion for the rich, distinctive heritage of the Tees Valley and Cleveland, with more than 10,000 years of archaeology – evidence for past human activity – on our doorstep!
- HELP protect our fragile heritage
- ENJOY the outdoors, get involved
- PROMOTE our region far and wide
Join TAS and enjoy:
- MONTHLY LECTURES by national and regional archaeology experts – many with the chance to handle finds!
- GUIDED WALKS This years programme is complemented by a series of guided walks throughout the region. These are free to TAS members.
- EMAIL ALERTS with the latest news, events and fieldwork opportunities.
- FIELDWORK INSURANCE for approved projects.
- TAS BULLETIN: A journal, published annually since 1994 exclusively for members, with digital back copies, including Newsletters back to 1984.
- TAS BOOKSTALL where you can buy TAS Bulletins (current and back issues) as well as an ever changing selection of archaeology, history and local interest books at bargain prices – recently relaunched with over 100 titles.